Sunday 10 May 2015

LIFE is a Journey without Destination

I don’t think there's ever been a point in my career where I've said, 'I've made it.' No seriously, it is not because I am undergoing a torturing process of becoming an engineer. What does that mean, 'I've made it?' Made it to what? If you say, 'I've made it.' then to me you are finished? I don't want to be finished. I don’t want to sit back one day and just do nothing think nothing but how to create nuisance in other people life or generate a live drama of star plus."
I want my life to be a journey, not just an ordinary one but a journey with a destination having infinite no. of stays in between, having been able to spend time to know people and know the world by experiencing it not by just reading the books rather than a life where I only struggle to get more than 3.5 GPA every semester or get a job after graduation or even making retirement plans for gods sake. I think retirement is for miserable people who can’t wait for life as they know it to be over. “I’ll start my life and do what I want when I’m 70”, it’s like saying I will be single after I have grandkids. Again, waiting and expecting some end game, goal or result that may never happen. Gentlemen, you could be dead by the time retirement ever comes.
Most people go through life aimlessly. Their lives become a chaotic response to the winds and forces around them and they feel like tumbleweeds caught in a storm or stuck in a corner somewhere. To me, we all live like some programmable machine following instruction, assuming them to be our destination. These people are leading a frustrating life and jaded attitudes.
The truth is we are destined to die and in that period of time we have two options live life while we set our goals achieve them or just run after success and goals taking them to be our destiny and then after achieving it wondering as why something is still missing. Life has always something more for you to be explored. You’ll never “reach” your final destination—at least not in this life!
So, why does all this matter? Because far too many people put off what really matters in pursuit of the things they want to achieve. They tell themselves that they’ll worry about these things once they’ve reached their destination. Things like family, Enjoying friends, Nurturing relationships, Forgiving enemies, enjoying life, experiencing peace. These things are put off… and most of the time, they are never re-discovered.
Sure, it’s great to focus on destinations, but the most important thing is that you learn to be happy — right here and now. The key, however, is simply finding the right balance, discovering a mindset that allows us to pursue big things without sacrificing the “little things” that make life worth living.
I’ll leave you with a quote from Walter Hagen: “You're only here for a short visit. Don't hurry. Don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way”

No comments:

Post a Comment